The Dighton Public Library is a Designated Passport Acceptance Facility.

  • Call us to make an appointment for your new passport – we want to give you the time and space you need for your application and be able to answer any questions you may have. Our phone number is (508) 669 – 6421.
  • Click here for information on renewing your passport.
  • If this is your first passport, you will need to apply in person. You can fill out form DS-11 ahead of time (please do not sign it.) or you can pick up the form at the library. Please fill it out in BLACK ink.
  • Please bring a passport photo with you. The Dighton Town Hall will take photos, as will AAA, pharmacies and big box stores like Walmart and Target.
  • Please bring proof of U.S. citizenship. If you were born in the United States, this is an original, certified birth certificate with a raised, embossed or multicolored seal. It must have the names of both parents; signature of the Registrar; and a filing date within one year of the birth from the Bureau of Vital Statistics of the city of birth. Children under 16 must submit a birth certificate even if they have been issued a passport before.
  • Foreign born persons: must submit a Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, or Certification of Birth Abroad. Foreign-born children of naturalized citizens are able to apply for a passport provided the child was under the age of 18 when parents became naturalized.
  • You will be required to submit these documents with your application. They will be returned to you with your passport or in a separate mailing.
  • Please bring proof of identity. It can be a prior United States passport, a valid photo driver’s license, government photo id (municipal, state or federal), military photo id (military and dependents, etc.) and naturalization certificate.
  • Please bring two checks. One made to the Department of State in the amount of your Passport Fees and one made to the Town of Dighton in the amount of $35 as an execution fee.

Please note: Children under 16 must be accompanied by both parents or legal guardian(s) when submitting a passport application. If only one parent appears, you must also submit:

  • Second parent’s notarized written statement consenting to passport issuance for the child, or
  • Primary evidence of sole authority to apply, or
  • A written statement (made under penalty of perjury) explaining the second parent’s unavailability.