Dighton Public Library offers resources for teens:
- hoopla allows ebooks, downloadable audiobooks, streaming movies and TV. Right now there are 10 checkouts per month per library card.
- Teen Book Cloud offers free ebooks for grades 7 – 12. Thank you to Tumblebooks for allowing the Dighton Public Library free access to this resource until August 31.
- Crafty teens will enjoy the free craft ideas and tutorials of Creativebug.
- Freegal offers music downloads and streaming for all ages.
- Watch your favorite musical acts in concert or see a documentary with Qello Concerts.
- Indieflix provides independent streaming movies online.
- Find your next favorite book with Novelist.
- Overdrive offers its own Kids and Teens Reading Room for you to download ebooks and audiobooks.
- Audiobook Cloud is a streaming audiobook service for all ages.
Are you looking for some help?
Depression Help – Help for if you are feeling down for longer than two weeks
- Teen’s Guide to Depression
- Mayo Clinic on Teen Depression
- Mental Health America’s Depression in Teens
- Cutting and Self-Harm
Coping with Stress and Mindfulness
- Teen’s Guide to Managing Stress
- A Teen’s Personal Guide to Managing Stress
- Getting Started with Mindfulness
- 5 Minute Meditation for Teens
More Reading Ideas & Things to Do
- No Flying No Tights is devoted entirely to graphic novels.
- Book Riot covers all the books, all the time, and this is their YA compilation.
- I’m Here, I’m Queer, What the Hell do I read next? is not just about books. LGTBQ Teen Books, Culture and Politics by author and blogger Lee Wind.
- Teenreads gives reviews and all kinds of teen bookish content for new reading ideas.
- How could you not be interested in book reviews from Bookshelves of Doom?
- Write your own “Choose Your Own Adventure” books with Storyboard.
- Harry Potter at Home All of Hogwarts at your fingertips and in one place.